Thanks to all businesses who attended the Trail Town Program meeting/GAP SBN Annual Summit on Thursday, October 27th, in Ohiopyle!
The meeting emphasized TTP business initiatives and honored Sustainable Business Network members for their involvement and dedication to sustainable practices.
Fueled by delicious cookies and coffee catered by Backyard Gardens (owned by SBN member Vicki Marietta), attendees discussed the following topics:
– Trail Town Ice Creams – a creamy sample of Gobble Berry donated by Sisters’ Cafe (operated by SBN members Lisa Hall and Deb Conn) in Confluence. Some possibility of having a passport next year to encourage tasting at each Trail Town.
– The state of the Trail Towns represented.
– Ways to maximize trail usage, i.e. via business hospitality education programs, selling GAP merchandise, and improving trail safety.
– The GAP and Trail Town Program websites undergoing reconstruction.
– Creating a business cooperative: allowing businesses to buy in bulk to reduce overhead costs for sustainable materials. i.e. construction materials, eco-containers, local produce, dairy, and meat.
– Update on the Sustainable Business Network, including information about goals, current membership, an upcoming website, and future objectives, i.e. getting all members to create an EnergyStar Portfolio Manager profile.
Following the meeting, attendees enjoyed a pasta buffet at Falls City Pub, operated by SBN members Eric and Kasia Martin.
The Trail Town Outreach Corps looks forward to this event for next year, with hopes that more members can join for an informative afternoon and an enjoyable evening!