Each year, Progressive Investor ranks the top 20 most sustainable businesses on the stock market. Businesses chosen vary in size, location, and industry, though all are contributing to an environmentally-productive economy, according to an expert panel of environmental analysts.
Companies that perform a head above their counterparts in the following two categories qualify for the SB20:
Sustainability Criteria – Businesses have innovative performance models and/or are creating cutting edge green technologies.
Financial Criteria – Preferably profitable companies with strong management and balance sheets. Each company would enhance a portfolio even if it is not in a buying position today.
Progressive Investor also publishes ten issues a year highlighting these businesses in depth, as well as information on the following topics:
– News Highlights related to renewable energy, green building, private equity and our other
– Upcoming or recent IPOs, new mutual funds, ETFs
– Upcoming Investor Conferences
– Trends affecting green investing, such as China and green technology
– Stock Market Commentary as it relates to green investing
– Updates on stocks we cover
– Green company stock profiles
– Analyst Conversations on their outlook for the stock market or stock recommendations on
specific segments such as green building, thin film solar, batteries, investing in forests, etc.
– Comprehensive list of the most important green stocks with buy/hold/sell ratings & brief